The Dream Book
Winner of a Parent’s Guide Children’s Media Award
The Young Hoosiers Award Nomination
The Dream Book: A Young Person’s Guide to Understanding Dreams
by Patricia Garfield, Ph.D.
The 2002 Children’s Media Awards are sponsored by Parent’s Guide to Children’s Media, Inc., a non-profit corporation that locates, reviews, and honors outstanding materials for children and teens.
Buy this book in the USA from Amazon.com.
Buy this book around the world through
When you compare your dreams to what happens while you’re awake, your daytime life might seem pretty boring. Have you ever had any of these dreams:
– that you were flying on a dragon’s back
– that you were eating a hot fudge sundae
– that you were being kissed by your favorite movie star
– that your teeth were falling apart
– that you were riding in a car with no brakes
– that you were hunting for the room where you were going to take a test
– that you were falling through black space
– that you were soaring to the moon
– that you were running naked down the school hallway
– that you were wearing a totally cool outfit
– that you were nearly drowned by a tidal wave
– that you were trapped in your body
– that you found an extra room in your house
– that you were talking with someone who is dead?
If you have, then you’re not alone. All these have been dreamed by kids a lot like you. Welcome to the wild, weird, and wonderful world of dreams!